The Boiardi Foundation has distributed OVER $300,000 to advance our mission:
"Providing Opportunities to Future Leaders"
Future leaders engaged in extracurricular programs sponsored by the Boiardi Foundation (Student's name and program name are shown)
In recent years the Boiardi Foundation has worked hard to expand our direct sponsorship of extracurricular activities, which used to be called our summer camp program. While we still make grants each year to the Family Reading Partnership and Teach for America South Dakota -- two great organizations that were were special to George -- much of our growth has supported our sponsorship of individual students seeking new opportunities to learn and grow.
These students have pursued programs in a wide variety of fields spanning leadership, athletics, and academics, and we are proud to have helped them grow into the next generation of leaders.
From 7/1/2016 - 6/30/2017 the Boiardi Foundation sponsored 57 students, ranging in age from 6th - 11th grade.
Programs attended in 2016 - 2017
- BlueStamp Engineering
- Calhoun Summer Jazz Program
- Cal Poly EPIC Engineering Camp
- Center For Architecture Summer Program
- Discover Hopkins
- Ecology Project International: Costa Rica
- Harlem Lacrosse: Trilogy Camps
- iD Tech Camps SF Bay Area
- iD Tech Camps Los Angeles
- MetroLacrosse SummerBounce
- National Teen Leadership Program
- New Haven Summer Finance Academy
- NSLC Medicine and Healthcare
- NYIT Engineering and Computing Science Pre-College
- PGC Essentials Basketball Camp
- SevenCorps: Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math
- Seven Tepees Environmental & Leadership Camping Trip
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes
- Sur La Table Teen Cooking Program
- UConn Pre-College Summer Program
- US Sports Nike Volleyball Camp
- Writopia Creative Writing Workshops
In addition to grants made to Teach for America South Dakota and the Family Reading Partnership of Ithaca, NY, we also work with like-minded non-profits to help identify and place students into the extracurricular programs of their choice.